AI in weather forecasting, prediction and communication
Impact of weather delays
of air traffic delays are due to inclement weather1
minutes average delay2
cost per minute of delay to airlines2
See how aviation solutions from The Weather Company combine inflight weather data, tracking, and decision support tools to help airlines control costs, enhance flight safety, and improve operational efficiency.
Ensure all personnel are up to date on the latest weather conditions pertinent to the safety of the flight.
Optimize operations with data from the world’s most accurate forecaster, utilizing industry-leading AI technology and weather science expertise.
Deliver an exceptional passenger experience on the ground, in flight, and at the destination.
A proactive operations management solution that provides early insight into changing flight, airport, and airspace conditions. With streamlined workflow integrations, dispatchers are able to make decisions with confidence while helping to ensure the safety and efficiency of the airline operations.
- Manage fleet operations by exception with robust and intelligent customizable alerting
- Monitor flight progress with ground and satellite based Continuous Global Tracking
- Monitor aircraft taxiing with surface movement and insights from predictive analytics
Ensure faster and more collaborative decision-making from the cockpit to the ground with innovative aviation weather briefing. Enable pilots to anticipate, visualize, and avoid disruptive weather with in-hand access to weather briefings, airspace notifications, and flight plans.
- Increase safety by avoidance of turbulence and other enroute weather hazards
- Improve fuel efficiency (reduce costs) by optimizing routes in real time during changing weather conditions
- Improve on-time arrivals by helping pilots find more optimal routes
Total Turbulence Alerting
Reduce impacts and costs related to rough air through a workflow-integrated, end to-end solution. By combining patented real-time turbulence detection, the industry’s highest resolution numerical weather modeling, EWINS-certified meteorologists, and proven delivery platforms, Total Turbulence delivers precise and actionable turbulence alerts and guidance.
- Timely, flight-specific information of rapidly-changing, minute-by-minute conditions
- Assists the dispatcher in ensuring the cockpit is advised of the latest weather conditions pertinent to flight safety
- Bridges the information gap by providing real-time updates to the cockpit after takeoff and in flight
Weather Forecast Services
Increase operational efficiency, safety, and customer satisfaction with highly accurate, trusted, global weather forecasts. With FAA-approved services, in accordance with FAA EWINS guidelines, The Weather Company provides 24/7/365 expert support for advanced terminal, enroute, and irregular operations.
- Mitigate operational delays and cancellations on the ground
- Recover more quickly from extraordinary weather situations that may force airlines into irregular operations
- Receive precise enroute alerts and guidance for turbulence, convective activity, icing, volcanic ash, and dust storms from our team of EWINS-certified, expert meteorologists
Real-time weather analytics lift comfort levels sky-high
With Fusion, Alitalia re-routes flights in real time to avoid turbulence and other adverse weather—providing a world-class experience that lets passengers disembark with a satisfied “grazie.”
lift in the quality of their weather data
Keeping passengers safe and flight operations cost-effective with near real-time flight monitoring
To help flight dispatchers guide pilots and passengers to their destinations safely, EL AL enhanced its flight planning capabilities with Fusion.
Near real-time weather and hazard insight helps give customers and crews a safer, smoother flight
An Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) application helps the airline create safer, smoother flights by giving pilots the same insights into weather and hazardous conditions as dispatchers on the ground.